Haha, so it seems Jason Russell was working so hard on his Kony 2012 campaign he forgot to eat and drink and sleep, and ended up running around mostly naked vandalizing cars and disturbing the peace. Invisible Children stepped in and said that Russell overworked himself, but his neighbors thought that he was...for lack of a better phrase...tripping balls.
Again, goes to show the impact such media coverage has can go beyond the organization and to the individuals behind it, even so far as to affect them on a physical level.

I hope his behavior does not effect the message. While some my look at it as him blowing off steam, being overworked, etc. There are some who will believe his behavior lessens the message.
ReplyDeleteHaha I laughed so hard when I read about this!
ReplyDeleteI agree, many people are following the news about Kony because of him. When many people found out that a lot of the proceeds do not even go to the children they became skeptical, and decided to be against Invisible Children instead of fidning a better outlet to be against Kony.
ReplyDeleteLol. It amazes me how there are so many puns at this dude and I still don't know who he is and why everyone is talking about him. Everyone has something negitive to say and nothing accurate about the subject at hand... so damn sad.
ReplyDeleteLOL... I LOVE that meme!!!! Interesting about Jason Russell...maybe he was "overworked," but this episode definitely doesn't make him look good. Anyway, hope he gets better!
ReplyDelete